Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Albertson's grocery game has mom wishing big, winning zilch



as published at the OC Register on February 8, 2011

I want some Stove Top stuffing!!!

Not the actual stuffing. (Not that I have anything against the stuffing; I’m the first to shout out for a stove top shortcut.) But all I want more than anything else over the rainbow is one little lick-it and stick-it paper Stove Top stuffing game ticket -- the one missing link between $250,000 cash and casa de McAlpin.

Oh ye wise ones at Albertson’s corporate. I’ll hand it to ya. Your scheme worked. Yours is the only store we’ve shopped at since Halloween when you announced your “Wish Big, Win Big” sweepstakes.
I don’t follow the lottery. I don’t drive thru for McDonald’s Monopoly. Heck, I don’t even play Bingo. But I buy groceries. And I buy enough of them with my four monkeys dangling from various parts of the basket that they picked up on the new post-purchase gift the cashier bequeaths: GAME PIECES!
To read entire article, click here:
Albertson's grocery game has mom wishing big, winning zilch - OC Moms - The Orange County Register