Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Downton Abbey portrays my kind of motherhood - OC Moms - The Orange County Register


as published at www.ocregister.com on April 10, 2012:
Note: This column is best read in an aristocratic British accent.
It appears I have a newfound obsession that partners well with my two other affinities in life (slipper socks and Ben & Jerry’s -- both of which receive entirely too much air time in this column, I confess).
Article Tab: image1-'Downton Abbey' portrays my kind of motherhood


"Downton Abbey." What a delightful discovery! Albeit, most of you have probably already witnessed the adventures of Seasons 1 and 2 and might be wondering if I’m privy to a sneak preview of Season 3.
Quite the contrary. True to form, I overlooked the soccer sign-ups, missed kindergarten round-up, and was not to be bothered with this program until I recently learned at a birthday party I was the only human alive who had not yet visited Downton Abbey.
So I purchased my ticket (on Apple TV). Without knowing it was a one-way passage, because mentally I haven’t come back.
To read the rest, click here:

Downton Abbey portrays my kind of motherhood - OC Moms - The Orange County Register