Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mom's butt dialing reveals a hectic life - OC Moms - The Orange County Register


as published by the www.ocregister.com on April 4, 2012:
Forget drunk dialing. A mom’s butt dials are much worse. And I’m a repeat offender. 
In the never-ending rotation of pick up, drop off, circle around, go back for more that is my life, my phone and my keys get more action than a newlywed. And my back pocket is constantly sharing the excitement of it all with my friends.
Last week, after telling two of my kids’ friends to go home, one of mine to wait here for his ride, and ordering the other two standing around to get in the car while we go round up the one who’s missing, I looked down and saw that my phone was 1 minute and 49 seconds into a one-sided conversation with my good friend Cara -- my good friend Cara who happens to always talk to her three perfect kids and everyone else she knows in a sweet, kind voice and who’s always there for me and always a great listener ... and who was probably right then unfriending me on Facebook because she just listened and met the real me:
“Get. In. The. Car NOW!!! How am I supposed to know where your shoes are-- I don’t wear a size 3!? I don’t care if she’s wearing pajamas, buckle her in. Get the dog! Seriously he’s going to the pound! Find your piano books NOW! You are LATE! We are LATE! Fine! Have a brownie for dinner. Bring one for me. Why aren’t you in the CAR!?!?!?”
Click here to read the rest...
Mom's butt dialing reveals a hectic life - OC Moms - The Orange County Register
Article Tab: image1-Mom's butt dialing reveals a hectic life