Thursday, October 13, 2011

Crazy Meets Dog



as published on www.ocregister.com on October 13, 2011
I fought hard, winning umpteen battles along the way. But I just lost the “Why can’t we have a dog?” war.

And now, every day as I trip over Stevie, my new, maltipoo slipper, I stare down and sigh at my furry ball of defeat.

It’s not that I don’t like dogs. I love them - the same way I love backyard swimming pools and a set of twins. They’re exciting and fun to look at, but they're better in your backyard than mine. Because I don’t need one more thing to provoke my insanity. I’m already pooped. And now, I’m pooped while stepping over dog poop.

So what finally did me in? Those sad, irrefutable words from their pouty little mouths: “But you had a dog when you were a kid.”
Actually, I had nine. And a cat, four hamsters, a bunny, several chickens, two frogs, three horses, one miniature horse, and a “pot-belly” pig - or so it was advertised on the “Free to Good Home” sign on the side of the freeway. Six months later when that pig weighed more than my pregnant mother, we finally figured a different kind of pot may have been involved in the marketing strategy for that litter.

To read entire article:
Dog meets crazy - Cracking Up - The Orange County Register

No comments:

Post a Comment