Friday, July 1, 2011

Mako-ing Memories


as published on www.ocregister.com on July 1, 2011

I had a feeling I needed to pull out my camera – a tricky task as I sat juggling two preschoolers on my lap in the back row of the fifth-grade recognition ceremony. We had survived another school year. The various scholastic and citizenship certificates had been distributed. And now it was time for the principal to bequeath the big kahuna – the Mako of the Year awards, one each for the Mako boy and girl who best embodied the Mako spirit.

I hit "record," not because I was certain my daughter Alex's name was about to be called. I just had that feeling that whatever was coming next was something we'd want to relive someday.

To read entire article:

A truly rewarding moment for fifth-graders | calvin, nate, principal - News - The Orange County Register

No comments:

Post a Comment