Friday, September 16, 2011

When the Lights Go Out...



as published on www.ocregister.com on Sept. 16, 2011

At 3:30 on a Thursday afternoon, I pulled into the pickup loop at my daughter’s school. I texted her to tell her I was there. Up popped a red exclamation point. “Failed to send.” Come on, iPhone. Why aren’t you working? Am I really going to have to get out of my car and walk inside?

Three exclamation points later, I did. And the building was pitch black. “The power’s out,” a gaggle of middle-schoolers squealed, exuberant anytime something out of the norm occurs. The adults in the room passed patient smiles, presuming an A/C overdrive had provoked another rolling blackout. It was 95 degrees. Orange County was going to get a little grumpy.

To read entire article:

Outage provided short-lived freedom from plugged-in world - Family Life - The Orange County Register

No comments:

Post a Comment