Thursday, November 24, 2011

Grateful



As published at www.ocregister.com on Nov. 24, 2011
Earlier this year, my daughter commented that it was about time for me to get a new car. Sure, my trusty Toyota has a few dings and dents, but it has served me well for over a decade now. When I objected to her plea, my kids erupted, an admonishing chorus:

“Most people get a new car, like, every two or three years.” “You’ve had yours forever!” “It’s old, Mom, it’s embarrassing!”

What was embarrassing was that my kids felt this way. It was time to pop our bubble.

After some research, I stumbled upon Welcome Inn, a local organization that feeds the homeless a hot meal 365 days a year. They welcome all in need to dine on their behalf, and all to help serve. I loaded my kids into our “embarrassing” car with high hopes they’d come home with a huge reality check.
To read entire article, click here:
Mom teaches kids a lesson in gratitude - OC Moms - The Orange County Register