Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Calling All Pranksters: I NEED YOUR HELP!



as published at the OC Register on January 18, 2012
I am up against a full fledged prank-star, in the form of my younger brother, Brandon. Somehow his wife, two kids, and full-time job are not enough to keep him busy, so as of recent he has taken to the art of gaggery at the expense of me. And I am living in fear, waiting for him to strike next.

It all started with a text a few months back. One that I was shocked to get, as it was from the guitarist of my favorite singer. Long story short, I had actually recently met this guitarist and become Facebook friends with him, and Brandon thought this was the most hilarious thing in the world -- the idea of his married, mother of four, “cougar” sister befriending one from the rock world.

So Brandon transferred this hilarity to the “Prankbooth” app on his phone, texting me from an L.A. number, pretending to be this guitarist. And as our friendly convos got rolling, I got a text from a new number -- my favorite singer herself!! I am embarrassed to admit it took me four thrilling text exchanges with the “rock star” to realize ...

MY BROTHER IS A TOTAL MORON!!!

And obviously, so am I.

I knew the only way to get back was to push my brother into a scenario he would dread more than any other: public speaking.
To read entire article, click here:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/full-336122-waiting-busy.html