Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kids' bedtime means party time for parents

as published at www.ocregister.com on Feb. 22, 2012

Like most, my kids fight bedtime. They seem to think that the second after we finally dunk ‘em, brush ‘em, tuck ‘em, and turn ‘em all over to the Boogeyman for the night, we go downstairs and have a big fat parent party.

They’re totally right!

How I can be passed out in my daughter’s dollhouse bed after reading three rounds of “Pinkalicious” one minute, then downstairs jumping up and down on my couch with my husband two shoulder shakes later is baffling to say the least. But those blissful words “The kids are down” is the equivalent of a super-sized injection of B12 straight to the arteries. I may be in flannel, but I’m ready to rock.

To read entire article, click here:
Kids' bedtime means party time for parents - OC Moms - The Orange County Register