Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It takes a village to raise a kid - OC Moms - The Orange County Register

as published at www.ocregister.com on April 17, 2012:




When two people raise a child, the hope is the child will acquire the best qualities of both parents. As my husband and I are about as opposite as two people can be under the law of attraction, our kids are going to grow up either highly skilled or totally confused.
Let's just say we have different skill sets that emerge at the most inopportune times.
Like every time I need directions:
"Quick, I'm exiting Oso. Which way do I go to get to the accountant's?" I ask via speaker phone.
"West," he says.
"Is west right or left?" I panic.
"Right. No... left?" And I can just see him raising his left hand "L" to confirm.
"Too late! I turned right!"
"It's okay, just turn south at the next light--"
"WHICH WAY'S SOUTH!?!" I rage as I make an illegal U-turn and cut off four cars which I don't feel even a little bit bad about because it's all his fault...
To read the rest, click here:


It takes a village to raise a kid - OC Moms - The Orange County Register