Monday, August 2, 2010

Crazy

"Crazy" is a good word in my vocabulary.
"How are things/how you've been?" frequently gets answered with "Crazy!" if you're talking to me. But I mean that in a good way. I don't do "bored" well. In fact, can't remember the last time (or only time?) I ever felt bored.
So "crazy" means good, busy, motion. And I like the forward roll.

The past week has been C-R-A-Z-Y.

Michael returned from the other side of the world and filled the hole in the house with his laughter, smiles, and tickles. Sure, the kids now squeal more, and the house may be just a bit "more fun" (i.e. messy), but we're complete again. He had a GREAT experience over there, and is thoroughly impressed with his development team, and pumped by the momentum. Always an excellent gifter, he brought us many very interesting and beautiful things unique to India. Loving my baubles. :)

My oldest, Alex, entered the double digits with a fun party that took triple digits of time to prepare. It was pretty amazing, though, that 17 tweeners could come over for five super-charged hours and not have one outbreak of drama. Shows that my good little daughter is drawn to a good little crowd. We had a scavenger hunt, skits, cupcake decoration, pizza, too much fun with the pizza delivery guy, and lots of games and prizes. My mom, sis, and bro helped here while Michael helped by taking the littles away, and I felt like I was 10 again. Fun times!

Michael and I celebrated 12 years of marriage! YAY!!! I've loved every one; he says he's loved maybe half. Ha. We went to a favorite place for dinner and saw a good movie. It was great just to be together on one of our traditional "talking" dates--where basically I don't shut up for five hours, and he listens with a smile and even asks the occasional question. That's love.

And I can officially announce...to all those who never believed it would happen for me...my BIG dream is coming true. We officially booked our trip to Italy!!! What better time to do it than when you're unemployed, right? That's what Michael keeps muttering. But it made sense, in many ways. For the first time in umpteen years, we are not limited by an employer's timeframe, so we can leisurely galavant through my dreamland for two whole weeks while Grandpa the Great (McAlpin) hangs with the kids. We'll be flying into Paris, darting around the boot, and leaving by way of Innsbruck, Austria this September. A second honeymoon...that I am excited beyond belief about...but also nervous. Whenever you meet a big dream head-on, is it only natural to fear that perhaps you'll be disappointed? Or even worse, that you'll never come back?? (Don't worry, Grandpa, we'll send for the kids.)

So needless to say, I've been VERY busy lately trying to hack Rosetta Stone while watching "When in Rome", "Under the Tuscan Sun", "Il Postino", etc...

And you may not hear too much from me in the near future. Leaving tomorrow for a conference and family reunion in Utah, coming back to company and a fabulous wedding weekend as Matt and Mel tie the knot, then taking off for a very fun, relaxing Cabo adventure for a few days...Ciao!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, CRAZY is a good word for you. I thought it was my word until I read your post :)

    ReplyDelete