Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Aunt Who Knew Too Much



as published on www.ocregister.com on Dec. 7, 2011
I’ll never forget the time I left my firstborn home alone at 10 months old.

I didn’t really leave her alone, but I may as well have because when I returned two hours later from a parenting class (of all places), I found her toddling the Cheerios-strewn floor of our condo wearing nothing but a masking-taped-on diaper and tear-stained face, her two fists clenching bundles of soggy pizza crusts.

I had actually left her in the supposed care of my two college-aged brothers. These winners were now laying catatonic on the couch watching MTV, mumbling something about how tending to their niece was so not worth the free Papa John’s.

As I verbally raged that they could forget about bringing over their dirty laundry from now on, I silently swore I’d seek vengeance upon their someday offspring, assuming they’d ever connive their way into reproduction.

Now it’s my turn.

To read entire article, click here:
Mom realizes being an aunt isn't all it's cracked up to be - OC Moms - The Orange County Register