Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Deck the Halls with Gasoline



as published on www.ocregister.com on Dec. 14, 2011
Like everybody else, I'm dreaming of a white Christmas ... with classy nine-foot garland-wrapped balconies and evergreen wreaths accented by four-inch poinsettia blooms, right?

So why are three blinking mechanical chickens roosting in my yard?

Because last December, I left my naughty little elves home with Papa Grinch for a weekend to hang the lights. In retribution, Michael decided to enhance our holiday decor regime with a few items I'd long ago banned to the Naughty List.

I returned home to National Lampoon meets Funny Farm, minus the Chevy Chase residuals. The spectacle of my yard included flashing rainbow-wrapped trees, 10-foot inflatable cartoons, gyrating farm animals, and creepy garden gnomes.
To read entire article, click here:
Holiday decor debacle: Boring vs. tacky - OC Moms - The Orange County Register